1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have the BenQ W500

It has a hdmi, vga, component inputs.

Right now my computer only has dvi output; so I am using a dvi -> vga converter

My xbox 360 is doing component, but I have the VGA cables for it.

Would I get a benefit for the computer from changing the computer to dvi -> hdmi? It is a client computer only for movies.

Would I get a benefit for the 360 from changing to VGA then (since now there is a free VGA slot)?

And finally, is the cost justified? Probably around 30 bucks for new cables including shipping

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would use DVI to HDMI for the computer. If "doing" component means that your XBOX is connected to the pj via component, that should be fine as is.

For DVI to HDMI, you can use and adapter, but a cable built for that might be more stable. See monoprice.com

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrym303 /forum/post/15480265

...For DVI to HDMI, you can use and adapter, but a cable built for that might be more stable. See monoprice.com

Monoprice is the right place to go. As for a dedicated DVI to HDMI cable vs. using an adaptor on one end, it makes no difference at all in my experience. I've got both going and there are no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was going to order other things from monoprice, but now I can get it all at once and save shipping on seperate orders

·
Registered
418 Posts
BTW, when I said 'stable", I mean physically, not electronically. The adapter with the HDMI sticking out the back can get a bit Rube Goldberg.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I used the Monoprice dvi to hdmi adapter on my Bravo D1 dvd player with no problems. Of course, a dvi to hdmi cable would be even better. Depends on if you already have the hdmi cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts