AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering which one of these would be a better hdmi video card.

MSI NX7300GS-MD256EH or NX7600GS-MTD256E. I am looking for a hdmi video card that transfers both audio and video through hdmi. Also are all hdmi video cards hdcp compliant if not are either of these cards by msi hdcp compliant.

Thank You

· Registered
8 Posts
That's a question I would like the answer to.

I am not positive, but I don't think any video cards pass the audio through the HDMI currently.

As far as HDCP, my thinking would be that it would be compliant with HDMI.

· Registered
331 Posts
Some of the HDMI video cards have an internal header for digital audio. The audio and video get combined and go out together on the HDMI connector. Ideally, your MB or Soundcard would have an internal SPDIF header. If not, you will have to run a cable back into the case. (/sarcasm/ NICE!)

I REALLY don't understand the fascination with HDMI. At best it cuts down on one small SPDIF cable. And that is if you already have an HDMI receiver.

I run DVI to HDMI to my plasma and optical SPDIF to my receiver.

The HDMI requirement greatly limits your choice of video cards, and is probably more expensive at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.