AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I really need to know if I can play video from an HDMI source while simultaneously listening to a different audio source. (Phono input, or any other analog source) I've checked the manuals of the higher end AVR's, but didn't see it clearly written.
Does the Aventage Series of Yamaha have that ability?
Do the "Port Hole" Marantz have that ability?
Denon 9.2 series receivers have that ability?

I really want to be on the Xbox, and listen to Vinyl at the same time. There, I said it.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
My Emotiva pre-pro circa-2015 AVP can do it. It has 6 presets and on each there is a screen that asks WHERE VIDEO FROM, and WHERE AUDIO FROM.

Wouldn't guess this feature is anything special, everything is assignable these days.

·
Registered
15,007 Posts
Quick question. I really need to know if I can play video from an HDMI source while simultaneously listening to a different audio source. (Phono input, or any other analog source) I've checked the manuals of the higher end AVR's, but didn't see it clearly written.
Does the Aventage Series of Yamaha have that ability?
Do the "Port Hole" Marantz have that ability?
Denon 9.2 series receivers have that ability?

I really want to be on the Xbox, and listen to Vinyl at the same time. There, I said it.
Both Denon and Marantz have this feature, implemented in the same way. First you select the analog audio input that you want to listen to, than you use the “options” button on the remote to choose the video that you want to watch.

I dunno how Yamaha implements it. Probably similarly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts