AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy the new A10 model Sony Rear Projection LCD television. To go with it, I am looking to get a new DvD player. My question is, how much of a difference is there between connecting a DvD player with Component cables and connecting it with a HDMI cable. I saw the huge difference between regular RCA hook ups when I bought my component monster cables for my current DvD player. Will I see such a huge increase in quality when I switch from component to HDMI? The people in CC wouldn't show me first hand, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. If the difference isn't that large, I'll end up going with a 400DVD changer sony put out not long ago. If switching to HDMI will increase my PQ enough to be worth it, then I'll probably pick up a new single DvD player. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
With the same player, using HDMI vs component may make a small difference, certainly not huge. You will get larger differences comparing player A vs player B than HDMI vs component. Single-disc DVD players generally are better quality than 400-DVD players, so you're really asking the wrong question (ie, going from a 400 to a single-disc player should give you better PQ, having nothing to do with HDMI).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.