AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately one month ago I installed a new HDMI distribution system to four locations within my home. The distribution system consisted of Laird Telemedia HDMI distribution units and CAT6 Cabling.

This system utilizes only one CAT6 cable to provide HDMI with audio and HDCP requirements. (LTM-5HDT4 and four LTM-HDR1)

The system has been in operation for approximately one month and I have to say that the system works as advertised without any dropouts, handshake issues or other serious problems.

For anyone interested in this system, I can provide some useful information or ideas.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how many inputs, how many outputs, and the cost per point.

·
Registered
847 Posts
^ I'd be interested to know as well, what distances are your cat6 runs also? cost and place of purchase of these units?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cat6 runs were between 45 and 88 feet. The 88 foot run is from the distribution point in my basement theater to the bedroom television location (second floor). The reciever units (HDR1) do not require external power and therefore can be placed on or next to the television (they are small units - 2.5"x3"x1").

I purchased the units from Markertek since they will match any low price you can find online for anything they sell. Total cost for the hub and four distribution units was 1850 dollars. Cat6 cabling was cheap at monoprice at about .08 per foot.

The Laird Hub (LTM-5HDT4) has one HDMI input and one looped (HDMI) output....this allows me to re-feed my processor with HDMI from the source I am using for the whole house HD system. Additionally, this hub has four RJ45 jacks to feed four locations.

I was using a frequency agile RF tuner to deliver whole house AV from my source previously. The difference in the video quality (SD to HD distribution) is easily visible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.