Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ,

i really dont know if this questinon belongs here , but i dont know where else .

i´ve got a question about the hdmi-inputs on the 1080p-tvs (like the sony qualia 006 , or the 68-series and the 78-series from samsung ) : i read on brochure from samsung that the hdmi-inputs dont accept 1080p-signals , and now i dont understand , why an 1080p-tv can´t accept 1080p-signals , i don´t see there any sense , and i think its the same with the qualia 006 .

cause there´re coming out the PS3 and blu-ray-player , which can give out 1080p-signal , i cant understand why these tvs dont accept 1080p-signals althoughthey have a solution of 1080p.

can anybody explain this to me , or may i´m totallywrong .... i really dont know , please help me

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The first 1080p HDMI receiver chips released into production this past spring were designed to support the standard ATSC HD OTA, Cable and Satellite resolutions of 480i, 480p 720p and 1080i. The second generation of receiver chips which also support 1080p input are either now still in test or are just now available in production quantities and I expect that all of next years models will use them and you can expect to see them in demos at the CES in January. I believe that the 1080p input was left out of the first generation specifications when they were developed several years ago was becaue the direction of HD DVD development was so unclear at that time. (and even today there is not a common standard for the drive format but the output resolutions appear to have been agreed upon)

·
Registered
534 Posts
"EAGS"

Early adaptors get screwed.

Be the first to buy HD DVD or Blue Ray player. Ya we really need a format war.

2 years ago I thought my DVI input was impressive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.