AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here knows if anyone makes an HDMI splitter. My new Plasma panel has only one HDMI input and I would like to run both my cable box and DVD player without having to switch cables all the time. I've found little help at the local electronics stores.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcfan
Sure just google it, there are several references.
Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
gefen.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think what you're actually asking for is a HDMI switcher, not splitter. The solution is still the same though. Search hdmi switch and you should find plenty of options.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, I've found a few options that should work out fine. Expensive but it is what it is. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo05
If cost is a big issue you may want to try the option in this thread :) :
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569022

Great find thanks, I'll have to do a little research on it. At first glance it appears that you can't cross connect DVI to HDMI with this switcher, and would be a problem for me. I have both a cable box and Upconverting DVD player with DVI, while my Panny plasma has a single HDMI input, so I need to resolve the cross connections with whatever switcher I buy. It may make more sense to spend the extra $$$ now, with most present and future Technologies supporting HDMI, I'll be eventually be getting an HD-DVD player when they become available and Comcast has already said that their STBs will be supporting HDMI in the near future. Wow, it's a full time job trying to keep up with all this. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.