AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through the guide last night and I saw that HDNet was showing up through the whole night. There was no PPVs on last night. When did this happen? I must be really behind, because I thought there were PPVs on just a little while ago. Great news now that it is 24 hours a day. I hope it lasts.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Did you WATCH HDNet during late night? Or did you just see it on the guide? Because the guide has been wrong before - especially with HDNet.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Also, when I talked to the customer retention guy this weekend, he confirmed that the contract was written to only have 12 hours of programming at this point, and until its redone or expires, it will stay that way. I would imagine that if it was going to change within 48 hours of my conversation he would have hinted at it, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Kirby is correct - that is exactly what a person at D* corporate told me - they would have to redo the contract. It has had the wrong schedule many times in the past few months.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
What the heck is going on with DirecTv? HDNet got it's start from DirecTv, and they won't even work with Marc Cuban to get all 24 hours?

Of course, they don't seem real interested in the other HDNet channels anyway, leaving us D* fans to suffer while some other cable companies are watching good HD movies. My how the mighty fall.

I remember D* once saying "We have no intention of falling from our position as leader in the media programming market". As Mr. Lumburgh would say.......Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby Baker
LOL!!! Now i am gonna have to watch that movie tonight! :D
Crap. Me too.

Well, I guess that's not a bad thing.

On the other side of the issue, if HDNet isn't going to be 24 hours on DirecTV then DirecTV should work on fixing this guide problem. When it erroneously lists HDNet shows it becomes (nearly) impossible to order the PPVs that they show over night. This has been happening quite a bit.

Is the normal amount of PPV orders on 199 that low that they don't even notice a night of none?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I noticed this earlier this week from the daily HDNET schedule email I signed up for.

Unsure about any new contracts and the such but it is confirmed on the Seven Day Schedule at the channel's webspace; click and scroll through and wham! the programming is continuous.

Odd there is no mention/ announcement of the change anywhere on the site. Same thing for the email- one day it was of normal length, then the next it was super-sized which prompted me to scan a little closer than usual.

Thanks to Mark if it stays!

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Unsure about any new contracts and the such but it is confirmed on the Seven Day Schedule at the channel's webspace;
Oy! For the last time: :)

HDNet does indeed broadcast 24/7 - HOWEVER - DirecTV only carries HDNet for 16 hours a day 10AM-2AM ET. The remaining time (2am-10am ET) is PPV movies. I regularly verify both ends of the time scale :)

There have been infrequent exceptions to this rule such as during the live coverage of the ground-zero memorial services.

HDC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just came home from work and dailed in to find a PPV Simone prompt filling up the tubespace.

HDNet confirmed NOT to be on a 24Hr free-view clock cycle.

Too bad really.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.