AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word if HDNET will be carrying major league baseball this season?

Last season was awesome, would like to see more of same, but no mention on their web site.

Without DirecTV showing ESPN HD, l want my baseball!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I only got HDNet a couple months ago, so I didn't see MLB in HD last year. I would love to this year, and it seems the chances of that for this season are dwindling. Hope Mark can work something out with MLB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mark C. I know that you are working on it, but please let us know if you are going to show MLB this year. Last year was GRATE but watching the dbacks in SD sucks! PLEASE let us know. frankie d

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
frankie,

If Mark knew for sure, there'd probably be an announcement already. Obviously, he can't announce anything until he has a contract for baseball carriage (with MLB / FOX) to announce. It's not an issue of whether Mr. Cuban wants to carry MLB (we know he does); it's a question of whether the other parties involved will allow him to do so under reasonable and workable terms.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
i talked to Mike Fox director over at HDNet. He, like us has no inside info that he can say. He is waiting on an announcement just like us. Still waiting for a reply of MC and the director of programming.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
the major sporting associations pulling thier content from HDNET??? no!!!!!!! i never saw THAT coming. search my posts for an explanation.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
hahaha

yes you were right....

but wrong sport. :D

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
the major sporting associations pulling thier content from HDNET??? no!!!!!!! i never saw THAT coming. search my posts for an explanation.
Yes, in particular look for the ones about the NHL on HDNet this season. We all know how that turned out, don't we?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.