AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a more painful thing to watch on TV than two baseball games on HDNET within 24 hours (including one extra innings) because of the repeating commercials??? I now can recite by heart all of the dialog from virtually any HDNet commercial. This is a real problem because they break from the game every half inning. Do they really need to break from the game feed EVERY half inning? Why can't they pan the crowd or stadium like they do when their HDNet commercials are done and Fox has not come back on yet. Either that or get some more commercials.

PLEASE, i cannot take the Globe-trotter even one more time!!! "I love you HDNet", but please get some more commercial content.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I would think a service that caters to people who have HDTV's would be better off charging a subscription fee instead of chopping up programs with commercials.

I do not tolerate commercials period, but I don't mind paying for uninterruped programming that interests me.

bb

·
Registered
155 Posts
First of all, they are not commercials, they are promos for HDnet programs. These promos are in fact brilliant and gorgeous. Hdnet is about as good as it gets when it comes to HD. It's also free. What more do you want? You should be thanking Mark Cuban. This channel is still improving day by day.

If you don't like it, go watch sports on 480i SD channels like FOX or ESPN, you'll get Chevy commercials every half inning.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i personally miss the one for RCA with the sharpness cranked all the way across the neighborhood...that one cracks me up!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PatricC
Is there a more painful thing to watch on TV than two baseball games on HDNET within 24 hours (including one extra innings) because of the repeating commercials???
In your opinion maybe not on TV, but as to reading topics on this forum, the answer is yes. And this post is it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H

In your opinion maybe not on TV, but as to reading topics on this forum, the answer is yes. And this post is it.
Sorry to offend, you must not have watched the games.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.