AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching it for the first time, and about 12 minutes into it, the picture disappeared for about a minute and now it's sitting there on the "DirecTV" screen. HBOHD is fine.

Blah.

Alex

·
Registered
25 Posts
...I've been watching HDnet for a month. The last few days there was programming but the purchase window on the bottom. Now it is gone. Is it a pay channel now?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I also experienced this today, and it made me worry. It is up now, and I think everything is back to normal.

Fred

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You guys its very simple. Towards the end of the night that channel turns into the pay per view channel so it starts showing that towards the end of the night. Not sure exactly why it does that in advance but it does every night.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79
You guys its very simple. Towards the end of the night that channel turns into the pay per view channel so it starts showing that towards the end of the night. Not sure exactly why it does that in advance but it does every night.
It usually shows up about 1/2 hour before the PPV movie starts. In this case it is showing up hours in advance.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
This is just a guess on my part but I think someone screwed up on the PPV timing on ch. 199. Early Sunday morning, the 'PPV movie' was being shown free of charge and now HDNet is in the PPV format. I don't think anything has changed. This is just human error.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It was a Direct TV Screw Up. When I noticed the problem I called Direct TV. I spent 20 minutes on the phone convincing the rep that HDNET is not in PPV mode yet, I had the right type of TV and I have been watching the channel since it began. I kept being put on hold during this whole time. Finally the Rep transferred me to technical help. As the tech begins to ask me the same questions HDNET came back to life. In other words, it took them about 20 minutes to fix the problem.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Glad I was not the only one! Just got my SAT-HD100 working and I experienced the same thing. It actually first started late afternoon after the hockey game. Then was on and off all evening.

In fact at 7:40PM CST we were watching the Coast Guard material and it just died and went black at about 7:55PM and came up with a banner at the bottom about "ordering".

So if I understand everyone ... all the cheerleading and Hawiian Tropic stuff is supposed to be free right?

Only thing to pay for is the late night PPV's ?

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.