AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked the primary cameras in the high corners vs. center ice. There is a lot less exagerated movement than with a center ice camera.

BUT .. Please keep in mind that we are watching to see the "game" not a hightlights reel. For example ... when the primary (corner) camera has a rush down ice, keep that camera on until there is a turn over of the puck, or the puck is tied up in the other end, etc. The practice of switching to the camera at the other end corner as the player rushing the puck crosses the blue line (so a face on view is shown) is very distracting.

I'd much prefer being able to see the movement of the puck and players rather than the switched shot of the rush from an incoming point of view.

Lastly ... often times it seemed the primary camera operators (high corners) zoomed in too much. I'm watching to see hockey, not a close-up hightlights reel. Primary consideration should be given to taking full advantage of the wide screen format and try to frame the shots so as many players as possible are being shown. Some zooming is fine but I think it's being used too much.

Thanks for your consideration,

Bob Held

Minnesota - "The State of Hockey"

·
Registered
467 Posts
I watched the game on Sunday between the Ducks and the Stars and I really didn't care for the two angled cameras. It made it difficult to clearly follow the action when the camera switched from one end to the other because the play was now reversed and it made me somewhat dizzy.

I am a huge hockey fan and I have watched all the HDNet games up until now. The Los Angeles games look the best and I hope we return to the center ice camera. The angled cameras are great for power plays but not end to end action.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,

Regarding the "dizzy switch" ... this reflects my impressions too. Maybe it didn't come out quite so clearly in my message but the switch from "follow down the ice", to "front view as the player crossed the blue line" was real distracting to say the least.

They should have left the follow down the ice camera shoot the play until there was a turn over in possesion.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.