AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDnet has started selling some of there HD programs on HD-VHS. I e-mailed them asking if they would make them available in .ts and/or .tp file formats on DVD-RWs for HiPix and MyHD card owners. It might help if other MyHD and HiPix owners who are interested would e-mail them and let them know.;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Although that would be neat, I HIGHLY doubt they would do that. From what I understand the d-vhs format allows for copy protection, and the current ts format stuff for hipix doesn't.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
What I understood is that they won't be D-Theater tapes per se, just standard digital VHS recordings of the HDNet content. But they will play on those decks just fine.

This also probalby means that they will be at the 19Mbs standard broadcast rate instead of the higher 28Mbs rate that the D-Theater tapes designed specifically for that platform. Not that that sucks or anything, just pointing it out. It should still look quite good.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Or $599 for the Mitsubishi.

I wonder if the HDnet tapes would play using a Mits and MyHD?

Vance

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi All:

___Are Mark Cuban’s tapes legal to sell? We cannot discuss trading HiDef content via HD or download so this may be a problem? Just one of those questions I have to ask due to the copyright issues surrounding our hobby today unfortunately :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why wouldn't it be legal for HDnet to sell tapes of their own material? (You know that Mark Cuban is the president of HDnet, yes?)

Perhaps I'm not understanding the legal point?

-yogaman

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Yogaman:

___As long as they are of his own creation, it is fine. If they are recordings of OTA - ATSC - NBC for example, than we would have a problem …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
These are tapes that Mark Cuban has said that he will sale for the new D-Theater format. So they are legal.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Wayne,

Their website ( www.hd.net ) has a lot of information about the company. Mark Cuban also owns the Dallas Mavericks I believe and is something of a showman/innovator. They both make their own content and will digitize anyones to HDTV in exchange for broadcast rights...

They've got some mobile HDTV production facilities and are one of the biggest people pushing for HDTV adoption and content with little regard for their own profitability. Quite cool IMHO :)

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Cal:

___Thanks for the link … I was hitting hdnet.com and hitting a secure server with un-secure certificates … I guess it pays to read and understand a threads contents before hitting the reply button ;)

___Thanks again

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Only $30.

Current list:

Bikini Destinations: On Location with Hawaiian Tropic

The War on Terrorism: Episodes 1 through 3

The War on Terrorism: Episodes 4 through 7

Bikini Destinations: On Location with TheBikiniNetwork.com

Music Jam: Gris-Gris

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hi All,

These HDNet D-VHS tapes will play on any D-VHS machine including the Mits D-VHS. The Mits D-VHS only plays HD though it Firewire connection. So you will need an Intergated HDTV or STB with Firewire interface.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
What about firewire in HTPC - does there exist any software to do this?

What format are these in - any way to get them into an HTPC and play them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.