AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else getting an info block at the bottom of the screen? When I press it I'm directed to an ESPN selection - not even on 199!

Wish DirecTV would get their act together!

Rick

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nobody knows what they are doing at Direct TV. I called and told them about the above problem. The answer I got was: "it's a pay per view channel". So I politely pointed out to them that HD NET is free until it goes off the air at 2:00 am eastern. The response I got was: "it's a pay per view channel". Then I rather rudely read them the statement from HD NET's website explaining that HD NET is a free service. I still got the same response!

In fact I got into an argument with the Direct TV rep on the phone! This is getting rediculous!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of the DTV ads where the installers are receiving EMT training to handle the ecstatic new custormers.

It should be the CSR's receiving training for the long-suffering HD subscribers who are increasingly apoplectic!

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Same problem here, the only way to activate the channel was to "buy it". I checked my past purchases and I have been charged $4.99! I was going to call DirecTV but it sounds like it will do no good. I'll wait & see what happens but I'm not paying the extra $$$.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well, I finally did get a supervisor who knew what I was talking about. She apologized and said I would get my $4.99 refunded. She also stated that she would look into fixing the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem Saturday night. I talked to a Directv service rep who had me recycle my tuner. It did not seem to work. But while I was still on the phone with directv the problem corrected it self. Early Saturday morning I was able to watch the pay per veiw movie without ordering it! Anybody know whats really going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.