AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed there are currently (2:40am Pacific) 2 channel 81s on DirecTV.

One says that HDNet Movies is moving to channel 78 and it has a start time of 3am.

Looks like they might be making some space in the 80-83 range. Maybe this is where CBS and FOX (4 channels?) are going?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At about 2:55am 78 became HDNet Movies. The programming is still also on 81, but the info banner says that the channel has moved.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Saw the same thing wonder if this was a transponder / sat change as well? Also I still have those two channel 85's that have been there since the launch of the HD package months ago.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What's up with this? An omen of things to come? hmmmmm?

Mayhaps a new HD channel? PLEASE !!!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
My HD receiver is a lame-o DTC-100 model and I cannot discern which satellite and transponder I am viewing. Can anyone tell me if HDNet Movies has changed satellites/transponders or is this move just a channel mapping issue.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I was sitting here perusing the forum and it dawned on me. This could be the initial moves in preparation for the CBS-HD and FOX-ED national feeds.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure what satellite/transponder HDNet Movies was on before, but at this moment both 78 and 81 are showing as 110/10 on my system.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Ok, then the channel hasn't changed satellite/transponder.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
For me, it's screwed up, I have two hdnet movies in the guide, but when you tune to one of them, it's actually hdnet (not movies). Or maybe it's the other way around, can't remember for sure. Either way, there's one entry in the guide that is listing programming for the other. I'm sure it will all become normal again soon.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Wasn't DirecTV supposed to use some low-80s channels for local public DTV remapping at some point in the future?

(I'm already getting the Miami WB DTV station remapped to 73-1.)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When PBS first started digital terrestrial broadcasts, I seem to remember their ID in the data stream was 80 (or 81?) nationwide. It was then up to the local PBS affiliate to change the ID to their own channel number (some didn't). I'm guessing the other networks might have a similar scheme.

This really means nothing in relation to this topic except that maybe DirecTV wants some sort of consistency with those IDs (speculation).

The national SD feed of PBS was mirroring on DirecTV at 80 and 384 for awhile some time ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This may seem too logical, but wouldn't it make sense for CBSHD-E to be Channel 80 and CBSHD-W to be 81 considering that the NTSC channels are 380 and 381 respectively?

Wonder if they would move HBOHD from 88 and put the Fox channels on 88 and 89?

It would make some sort of sense.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.