AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at 12:30PM (EST) HDnet Movies is showing Sex and the Single Girl. This is one of my favortie Natalie Wood pictures, that also stars Tony Curtis, Henry Fonda, Mel Ferrer, Lauren Bacall. This is being reported on TitanTV and on HDnet's own website.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I agree. I guess I finally got lucky in that I work second-shift. :)

BTW, its being repeated tomorrow at 8:30AM EST. Its Winter, call in sick.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yeah, good movie-I recorded the repeat @ 11:05pm CST onto my panasonic dvd-r, Looks great!

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You recorded it off of which presentation, the HDnet Movies' or the TCM (which usually shows it)?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I watched it last night in HD. Good movie, beautiful woman. I had forgotten that Natalie keeps saying that Tony Curtis "looks like Jack Lemon". Funny.

Brian

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
You recorded it off of which presentation, the HDnet Movies' or the TCM (which usually shows it)?
jfklennon probably recorded it lastnight on HDNet Movies. It was on at 8pm and 12am(midnight) EST.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a little lost, here. He recorded a non-HD version of the HDnet Movies HD presentation? Ok.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
His HD box probably outputs a downconverted signal out the Composite or S-vid output for recording. Would still probably look cleaner/better than recorded off TCM. My Pace DC550 HD cable box will and my previous SA3250HD cable box would do this. Also my OTA Toshiba DST3000 HD Sat/box can do it.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Recording HD off the S-Video out of an HD cable box will result in a somewhat worse picture then just recording it off of TCM. It will be an anamorphic 480 downconvert but every cable box I have seen adds TONS of scaling artifacts.

Looks great is subjective I guess, but I would say after watching the HDNet broadcast for a bit through the S-Video out of my HD Pioneer cable box, looks like crap would be a more accurate description of any DVD-R you may have put this on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.