AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the game tonight on HDNET, I noticed something strange that I haven't noticed in previous HDNET broadcasts of hockey games.

Whenever the Fox Sports Net scoreboard is on the screen, there seems to be a faint vertical line, running from right edge of that scorebar to the bottom of the screen. Upon further review, I see that it is also running from the bottom of that scoreboard, horizontally, to the right edge of the screen.

It's making the ice surface look two-toned. Don't say it's my setup or signal, it's neither and it's not present on any other stations or whenever they take that scorebar off.

Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I just checked and i don't see any lines, but i am a newbie for hdnet cuz i just got my dst 3000. could you describe it a little more elaboratly. Is it like its ghosting? Don't flame me i know its impossible for ghosting in HD.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Quite honestly no I am not seeing what you are reporting...just the usual stunning HDNet PQ (and great sound to boot).

Equipment: DTC-100, Toshiba TW56X81

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Oops,

I have a Toshiba DST-3000 and a Mitsubishi WS-55805. Duh, considering my sig. :) What is your set up?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I saw it too. It gave the appearance that the left 2/3 of the screen had contrast 1-notch lower than the right 1/3. I didn't scrutinze the top of the screen but wouldn't doubt it.

Noticable with the bright white background of the ice surface during play. Must be something with the way they overlaid the graphic.

Rich

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich -

Glad to see you saw that as well. Now I know I'm not nuts ;-)

I didn't notice the contrast at the top right of the screen unless it had a backdrop of the ice to bring it out. With the normal mid-ice camera, that scorebar is floating over the stands, so it's not a problem, but the vertical one is staring you right in the face.

What's funny is that I didn't notice it at first, it was my non-techy wife that brought it up. "Hey Honey, what is that big line going down the middle of the screen". "Oh, that must be something wrong with their broadcast, I'll go ask on AVS."

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finally, I get the see the Blues in HD! Maybe we'll see a few more over the next couple of months?

I wanted to confirm that I noticed the vertical line as well, however at some point during the game (not sure when), it disappeared. I'm using a Sony HD100 into LT 150 although from what's been said, I don't think it was equipment related (on our end.)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to HDNet's online NHL schedule:

Thursday, Dec. 13 7:00PM (EST) Toronto Maple Leafs @ St. Louis Blues

That's the next Blues game. Being in the conference finals last year and a favorite to contend this season, you would think that HDNet might put them on more. But no, we get lots of Carolina, Calgary, Edmonton, Nashville, Phoenix, and other nobody's.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Nobody's!!!!!:mad:

Hey Phoenix has well...

oh good point, but hey at least we have the D-Backs. Now if only we could get rid of Kim!:D

PS- The coyotes' owner used to be a "GREAT" player.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.