AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard whether or not Comcast has reached an agreement to carry HDNet yet?? I'd love to be able to take advantage of their hockey programming.

Thanks, and apologies if this is being covered in another thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wonder if it would be realistic to think that Comcast would carry HDNet when they have added the INHD networks. Aren't these competing networks and doesn't Comcast own a piece (with others) of InDemand the parent of INHD?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yes Comcast does own a piece with Cox,TWC, & iNDemand Holdings LLC of both iNDemand and INHD.

INHD is however is not meant to compete with HDNET but a way for cableco's to offer content that they recieve through exclusive rights to events and other media not available in HD on other services. If anything HDNET and INHD will compliment each other quite well.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if it would be realistic to think that Comcast would carry HDNet when they have added the INHD networks. Aren't these competing networks and doesn't Comcast own a piece (with others) of InDemand the parent of INHD?
They cannot use their "monopoly" (lets not discuss the word usage) in one market to benefit themselves with another product. Hence they cannot discriminate against hdnet based on the fact that they own part of inhd - also note that TW is part owner as well and they haven't put on inhd yet except in a few places...........(supposed to be on in november though).

I am sure that Mark would have the FCC slam both TW and Comcast if they failed to keep discussions with hdnet because of inhd

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
They cannot use their "monopoly" (lets not discuss the word usage) in one market to benefit themselves with another product. Hence they cannot discriminate against hdnet based on the fact that they own part of inhd - also note that TW is part owner as well and they haven't put on inhd yet except in a few places...........(supposed to be on in november though).
HDnet is available nationwide via Directv and Dish Network. If anyone should have a beef it should be people who are not "permitted" to access INHD 1 & 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.