Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just surfing through the channels and found HDnet being broadcast on UPN21 in Dallas. Anyone have any info about this? A one shot thing? I remember some discussion about Mark Cuban planning to make it available to local stations, but I thought that was coming maybe in the fall. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Duane

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am very excited about this and I hope it is a permenant thing. I have written both stations voicing my approval of the local boradcast of HD-Net and encourage others to do so also. I think the more repsonses they get the better. If they know people are watching they will continue to run it. This can only help HDTV for everyone. If this channel is on at all stores than more televisions are likely to be sold. The more televisions on the market the more likely other stations will increase thier programming. If this is successful here it will likely spread to other cities and increase the number of viewers of HDTV around the country making advertisers aware of our prescence.

Lets let them here our approval.

Here is who to write to at UPN 21
[email protected]

At HD-Net you can write to mark directly
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I watched the Dallas Desperado's arena football game on 18-01/21-01. Some reason my Dish 6000 thinks it's 18-01. It broadcase as hdtv via hdnet. It really looked good.

I noticed that most of the time it is usually just channel 21 stuff. Only at certain times does a HDNet broadcase come on. Anyone know a TV listing for when HDNET will be broadcase?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
They transmit hdnet most of the time except when there is a broadcast rights issue. Here's a quote from an e-mail from someone at the station:

"HD Net airs some programming over DirecTV that they do not have over the air (OTA) rights for. Whenever that happens KTXA is required to take HD Net off the air. In place of HD Net we air our NTSC programming upconverted. These "HD Net Blackouts" happen at various times during the day and some days they do not happen at all. It all depends on the program."

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been watching HDnet on UPN for a week now and love it. UPN does not carry it usually when there is a baseball game and new movies. Otherwise they have it on all the time.

AWESOME!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.