AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that HDNET has been on DISH for 24 hours, has anyone made any direct comparisons between the two providers?

Since I've canceled my Directv's HDTV package, I can't do the comparison myself. The DISH version looks great... hardly any pixulations.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had E* when they broadcasted the CART race so I can't really give a good comparison but I did have DiscoveryHD and when I got D* a week before the football season I can honestly say IMO that DiscoveryHD on D* and E* look the same quality to me...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I've switched back and forth a number of times over the last 24 hours and for all intents and purposes I see no appreciable difference. But then again I'm not blowing it up to 120" or using 9" CRT's.

If I had to pick though I would give a slight edge to E*. Because while on most content theres not a long enough period of time to really judge it (not like we'd necessarily expect one or the other to look decidedly inferior anyway), when I was switching back and forth during a Soccer game where the vastness of the green grass of the field stayed consistently on screen for long periods, I was seeing a few more anomalies on D*.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
I think it might be more interesting to compare Hdnet or Discovery when intense content is showing on another channel on the same transponder (ex: quality of Hdnet Movies when Monday Night Football is on ESPN-HD).

That might serve to better illustrate the limitations of stat mux.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.