AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with a business associate, HDNet owner Mark Cuban has bought Landmark Theatres, a nationwide chain of 54 “art house†theaters. Their objective is to “...complete their holdings in movie production, TV syndication rights and HDNet...â€

“Our goal is to aggressively leverage our ability to produce our own films, promote and display them on HDNet and HDNet Movies and exhibit them at Landmark."

Landmark Theatres is the nation's largest art-house chain, featuring first-run independent and foreign films, restored classics and nontraditional films.

Full story at: and http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/09/23/rtr1089746.html

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I hope he builds a new one in College Station, you would have no problem putting mark out of buisness here. Probably not but you still know he wouldnt let the theaters become poor in the A/V dept.... thats one thing that really sucks about mark here... No upgrades done in the past 10 years and now theyre just starting to add stadium seating.

·
Registered
226 Posts
More info on the theaters:

"LOS ANGELES and REDMOND, Wash. -- April 3, 2003 -- Today Landmark Theatres and Microsoft Corp. announced that they are equipping 177 screens in all 53 Landmark Theatres across the United States with digital cinema playback systems based on Microsoft® Windows Media® 9 Series. This unprecedented agreement represents the largest digital cinema theater circuit installation to date in the United States."

Read the whole article:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...TheatresPR.asp

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Probably not but you still know he wouldnt let the theaters become ****** in the A/V dept.... thats one thing that really sucks about ******mark here...

Landmark can't be any worse than Regal. Regal has easily the worst picture quality of any movie screen, pound for pound. The screen is always too dark and out of focus. They don't even bother to turn on the surround sound, either!

Where I'm at, I used to have to put up with Regal Edwards, but nowadays I make the commute to Century, where it's a little better.

Ok, back to the topic...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tsmit32

More info on the theaters:

"LOS ANGELES and REDMOND, Wash. -- April 3, 2003 -- Today Landmark Theatres and Microsoft Corp. announced that they are equipping 177 screens in all 53 Landmark Theatres across the United States with digital cinema playback systems based on Microsoft® Windows Media® 9 Series. This unprecedented agreement represents the largest digital cinema theater circuit installation to date in the United States."

Cool, but does anyone out there have a complete list of theaters in the nation for Landmark? Anyone?...Anyone?...Beuller?...Beuller?

Wolfie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.