AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which Dish satelite the HDnet channels (and ESPN) will be transmitted from? I hoping 61.5. Are we all going to have to get this Super Dish to be able to get any new HD channels from Dish? Maybe they will mirror them on 61.5. Dish's equipment prices are a lot higher than Directs and I hope they aren't making changes to just sell new hardware.

Next question. When are these channels going to be available? Isn't the new satelite months away?

I just bought a quad lnb so that I could have 3 receivers run off my 2 dishes and I hope it wasn't a wasted investment ($150). I haven't opened the box yet. Should I return it?

Any solid info on these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
"Drop Dish and get Direct TV'"?? Why do you say that?

Dish has more hdtv channels and offer CBS hd for those who qualify. Dtv doesn't do that. Also, they have a lower entry level package of $24.99/ month than DTV. They also offer many more local channels for those who want them. The only thing I can see DTV has is the NFL sunday ticket and it is rummored Dish is working to get that. If you like international channels, dish has Dtv beat hands down there. Need I go on?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
See the topic at the top of this forum for all the info you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.