AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting an OEM PC with a Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H and Vista with the TV Pack, I've been frustrated by Media Center refusing to play any DVDs. It works if I connect the PC directly to the Pioneer but not if I leave it connected to the Denon (AVR-2809).

I recently installed Windows 7 RTM (proper copy - not a torrent) and was dismayed to find the problem still there.

I noticed that under the Playback section, it lists DENON-AVAMP as the high definition audio device that the system is connected to. Going to the Supported Formats tab, it says:

HDCP: Not supported

so I'm now wondering if that is why Media Center is upset. So my question is this: is it really the Denon amp that doesn't support HDCP, or is it an issue with the Intel driver, or something within Windows 7 that is messed up?

I could really do with getting this fixed. Having a PC that can't play DVDs is just really aggravating and the WAF is zero

Thanks.

--Philip

·
Registered
332 Posts
i don't know what the issue could be, i'll leave that to smarter people then i.

one solution could be to use anydvd hd .

lets suppose it is the amp, i doubt that you would be very willing to replace it. this software removes the AACC (encryption) and allows you to play video on non-hdcp compliant hardware.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
how are you connecting, hdmi?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles139 /forum/post/16988887

one solution could be to use anydvd hd .

Unfortunately, AnyDVD doesn't solve the problem. It is very strange - even if I rip the DVD and remove the protection in the process, Windows Media Center still barfs on it and reports a problem with the software.

Windows Media Player, on the other hand, plays DVDs just fine, but I can't keep on swapping out of 7MC into WMP.

·
Registered
332 Posts
you get the same error with anydvd hd of HDCP: Not supported?

if so, either its not ripping correctly or something is rly goofy.

er, when you say dvd's, do you mean actual dvd's or bd? cause hdcp is not used with regular dvd's (that i'm aware off). if thats the case... huh.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention that Blu-Rays play without problems, using TMT 3.

So if TMT 3 relies on the presence of HDCP, that would suggest that it is there - just something is being mis-reported.

I've attached the diagnostics report from the Intel Graphics software in case that sheds any light on the situation.

--Philip

DiagnosticReport.txt 2.27734375k . file

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts