AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, trust me I searched for this before posting it. :)

Has anyone noticed that channel 84 is gone? It's gone off of my channel guide. But the NFL Game of the Week in HD shows have moved to channel 85, which was the HD PPV channel.

The upside for me about this move, if it's going to stick, is that it takes a channel I couldn't watch because it was on a transponder my receiver had a problem with, and moves it to 119, T-23 which is no problem!

And it gets rid of the PPV channel I never ever watched.

Ken, do you have any info on this? Is it temporary? I hope not.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mullis
Ken, do you have any info on this? Is it temporary? I hope not.
To quote Sgt. Hans Schultz, I know nothing!

Sorry, but I don't.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. No problem. I just hope this stays in place. I was so upset when The Seattle/Baltimore game was on during the season, and I couldn't watch it because they had the channel on 110/12, which my DST-3000 for whatever reason chokes on. But now it's on 119/23, and it looks great. I see what I've been missing all season long.

I did a little more guide time research and it looks like they may be going back to the old format of HD PPV starting at 3am. Seabiscuit and Willard start coming on then.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Hey Michael...if you are having a problem with a particular bird, check your cable connections. I had a similar problem & it was a bad connector. You might also have a bad multiswitch....been there, done that too. ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the move...I was wondering why it wasn't showing up on ch. 84 and I had 85 removed from my channel list as I don't order PPV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.