AVS Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts
Now that the 2016 M's are out and widely available, has anyone who has seen HDR content on both the M and the P sets give their two cents on how the two stack up against each other? Really interested to know!
I'd like to see this too. I'm surprised between both M & P Owners threads we haven't seen this yet.

I just purchased the M65 and loving it so far. Played Pacific Rim DV and looks great to me, but I just HAVE to SEE to know how much "better" the P Series is with WCG and a true 10bit processor.

All the stuff tied to UHD will be in flux for the next 4-5 years, not to mention the HDMI changes that are in development. If you must buy "now", wait until Christmas or early next year, when there will be massive UHDTV sales and new UHD-BD players.

I have a question for everyone now.

Some people might say the difference between those two images isn’t as significant as they thought it would be. One is true HDR and the other is an HDR TV acting in a non HDR mode. Now consider that the Vizio M-series isn’t capable of taking advantage of the obvious color differences that a WCG TV can show even though it has DV capabilities. The gap between these two pictures when done with a 2016 Vizio M-series will be even closer.

However, it is possible that the 2016 M-series would show this same detail improvement with the DV content over the UHD Blu ray. I will concede that this may be a possibility. However, at reasonable sitting distances this detail difference is imperceptible so in the end I don’t even think that will offer an advantage.
WHen you say the gap would be even close for the 2016 M series. ANd have you gotten to test this on a M series yet?

There is no doubt that the 2016 Vizio M-series will look better than the 2015 M-series when viewing HDR content. I have never said anything that contradicts that. What I have said is that calling what the 2016 Vizio M-series does "Full HDR" is very misleading.

Yes it absolutely will display the content with as much contrast and dynamic range as the Tv will allow while playing HDR content. That will be less than what the P-series is capable of but quite honestly that difference probably won't be noticeable at all.

The difference will be in the colors that unlike resolution and dynamic range can be beneficial at any seating distance and with any ambient light conditions.
Let me ask you this. I have a 2014 80" M801d-a3 (not sure if you are familiar with these?), which I think has an ips panel. I sit pretty much center to this tv, off the the side a little, not much...

How would you compare a 2014 M series 1080p, to a 2016 M series 4k, and if most of the time you are watching comcast HD and 1080P content. I might be able to get the 2016 for no cost upgrade. Just wondering if the tv will "look" better. For ex, playing 720p content or 1080 on the 2014 native panel that's 1080p, vs that SAME content on the 2016 80" when it upscales... I don't want it to look worse than the 2014. It would be the same or look a little better, yes?

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.