AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping recently for an HDTV. I came across terms like 5 and 6 lens instead of the old 4 lens for RPTV. Also terms like like automatic focusing for the lens as opposed to manual. Do these things really improve picture or are they just sales pitch. Does the auto focusing work and does it elimate the need for manally caliberating the lens

By the way I was watching the Hitachi 53 inch with progressive scan dvd playing Vertical Limit, It was simply amazing !! Was tempted to buy it.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nhey
The best RPTV on the market, the Pioneer Elite has a 4-element lens system, so the quality of the picture is not directly related to the number of lens elements.
While being a great set, arguably the Pioneer Elite is not the best RPTV on the market.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nhey
The best RPTV on the market, the Pioneer Elite has a 4-element lens system, so the quality of the picture is not directly related to the number of lens elements.
While being a great set, arguably the Pioneer Elite is not the best RPTV on the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.