AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what is necessary to run a setup that will allow me to recieve High Definition Programming AND the Direct PC internet service provided by Directv. The last thing I want to do is put up two dishes on my roof, because my HOA does not allow it.

Thanks in Advance..

Dae!

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
The simple answer is NO. Your HOA is making you SOL.

Do a forum search, but you need to hit 4 satellites (or 3 if youy skip SatC) and the DirecTV needs a different LNB.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I believe Pegasus is either releasing a Dish or has released a dish that will pick up all the sats you want. It is supposed to pick up Satelite Tv,HD, and DirecPC.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbo:
I believe Pegasus is either releasing a Dish or has released a dish that will pick up all the sats you want. It is supposed to pick up Satelite Tv,HD, and DirecPC.
Carbo,

I remember the old press releases saying it was compatible with all three but not that it could hit all three. I think this is the two-way system competing with Starband. If you have any info/confirmation I would really like to see it. May help those of us in the "high-tech" corridor with no DSL or Cable modems.

Tim

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tex:
You can switch to DishNetwork and get both from one dish!
Tex,

This is completely untrue.

With Starband (Gilat) you still need a seperate dish for either 61.5 or 148.

Tim

BTW here's a FAQ on Pegasus with no info on HD
http://www.pgtv.net/Faq.html

Sent a question in to ask.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I got the info off a Tweeter catalog a while back and one of their salesmen. I also remember reading it somewhere in some sort of magazine, but I can't recall which one(since I had no need for it). You might want to try calling them.

Also I remember seeing a funky looking dish at one of my nearby tweeters.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Daekwan:

The last thing I want to do is put up two dishes on my roof, because my HOA does not allow it.
Under federal law, if you want to put up a half-dozen dishes to receive television broadcasts, there's nothing your HOA could do about it, as long as each dish is less than 1 meter in diameter.

However, if one of the dishes is used exclusively for data, then the HOA can prevent you from installing it. But if a dish is used for TV/data in combination, the HOA has no say in the matter. If you then need to install additional dishes to pick up additional television broadcasts, they can't do anything about that, either.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.