Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie forgive me!

I've just bought a mits 55711. Getting ready to move into an apartment and getting directv. If the tuner is already integrated into the t.v. do i still need to buy the 500.00 receiver/decoder or can I just get a regular directv receiver with the dual dish.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
To receive HD programming from DirecTv (HDNet, HBO HD, SHO HD, etc) you need a DirecTv HD receiver regardless of whether the tv has an integrated OTA digital tuner or not. By having an integrated tuner it just means you'll have 2 ways to tune to OTA digital broadcasts (since the DirecTv HD receiver will give you OTA capability as well).

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you buy (or already have) a JVC or Mits DVHS recorder, you can use your integrated HD tuner to record one OTA HD program while you watch another OTA or satellite HD program live using the DirecTV HD tuner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in an apartment what would be the best ota antenna to buy. I really don't want to get out on the apartment roof to put an antenna up. I'd rather have it on the balcony or inside.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
y2ksmall,

You'll to determine where the transmitter(s) are for your local OTA stations. Go to www.antennaweb.org and enter your zip code. It will give you the bearing to all the local channels in your area along with signal strength.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.