Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I just moved into a new house today, and as I looked at the 27" Wega, it just looks so puny in my new living room. Instead of unpacking as I should, I went to a couple stores and looked at sets.

One thing that caught my eye is that the Mitsubishis have this upgrade policy where they say that they will develop, engineer, and install future upgrades at reasonable prices. Basically, they are guaranteeing upgradability on their sets. I don't see any of the other guys doing this, but is that because it really is no big thing? I mean, what kind of upgradable things are in the pipeline? I just don't want to be stuck with something hard to move and not upgradable. Should I even worry about this?

On to another issue. What do you guys recommend? I sit about 9 feet from the screen so I don't want anything huge. I think I have room for a 43". I even looked hard at this new Sony 46" that is really sweet and only $1800 at CC. I don't want to spend more than 2G's if I can help it, but if I can get an LCD for $2500, I may be able to talk her into it. ;-)

Ideas?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

B

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds good in theory, reality may be another situation. A few things to consider regarding the MITS:

1) Why not just include DVI now?

2) Some years ago several PC makers such as AST came up with creative architectures such as putting the processor on a card. The odea was that you could upgrade the modules instead of replacing the PC. Problem was that when upgrade cards finally became available they cost more than a new PC. There is no gaurantee as to what "reasonable" will be or which upgrades Mits will actually offer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, what is the date the component outputs will be turned off? Bueller, Bueller? Truth is you can watch hd without DVI or IEEE1394. Let's not create a "must: scenario. Remember those high speed data ports on 1st gen sat boxes, glad I paid extra for that! Don't worry about compatabilty with current HDTV's. Look at the 46" or 48" Mits, the 46" sony, or the 48" jvc as contenders. I would go as big as possible since most rptv owners find the tv "shrinks" as you grow accustomed to the size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.