AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I have a 2012 Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P50U50-50-Inch-Plasma (w/ smart features) that is hooked up to a (2010)]Sony HDMI receiver. Everything works great. I turn the TV on and it communicates with the Sony receiver to change its input automatically to "TV" and then I easily hear the sound.

Recently, I got a new Onkyo Receiver (TX-NR535). I hooked it up to this Panasonic Plasma as well and it worked the same way as the Sony did; everything seemed well integrated.

Now, we redid another room that will sort of be a family room area. I got a real basic/inexpensive 55" RCA HDTV for this room and plan to hook it up to this new Onkyo receiver. This HDTV only has two HDMI inputs, 1 composite/component input and no "smart" features, but that is fine since it will be hooked up to the Onkyo receiver (6 HDMI inputs) & I have other components to stream stuff from.

I have initially hooked the two together, but they don't seem to be "talking" or fully communicating with each other the way they did with the Panasonic. I am thinking its because of the no-frills RCA TV I got for this area. I thought maybe this was a standard feature on all HDTVs these days, but maybe not. Or is there a specific feature I need to look out for (CEC, ARC, etc.)?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
So, I have a 2012 Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P50U50-50-Inch-Plasma (w/ smart features) that is hooked up to a (2010)]Sony HDMI receiver. Everything works great. I turn the TV on and it communicates with the Sony receiver to change its input automatically to "TV" and then I easily hear the sound.

Recently, I got a new Onkyo Receiver (TX-NR535). I hooked it up to this Panasonic Plasma as well and it worked the same way as the Sony did; everything seemed well integrated.

Now, we redid another room that will sort of be a family room area. I got a real basic/inexpensive 55" RCA HDTV for this room and plan to hook it up to this new Onkyo receiver. This HDTV only has two HDMI inputs, 1 composite/component input and no "smart" features, but that is fine since it will be hooked up to the Onkyo receiver (6 HDMI inputs) & I have other components to stream stuff from.

I have initially hooked the two together, but they don't seem to be "talking" or fully communicating with each other the way they did with the Panasonic. I am thinking its because of the no-frills RCA TV I got for this area. I thought maybe this was a standard feature on all HDTVs these days, but maybe not. Or is there a specific feature I need to look out for (CEC, ARC, etc.)?
You need to look in the TV Menu for CEC or HDMI control, it might be there but not activated....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about ARC

OK, I am not seeing anything about CEC in the manual (RCA model LED55C55R120Q), but it does have one HDMI port that has "ARC" on it. I googled this and it seems like its something along the same line. Is this correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.