AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok At work we have a Zenith D32D51, Im sending a 640x480 signal to it now...

This set says it excepts 480p and 1080i

How in the heck do i use power strip to get 1080i

I have messed with it for a few hours trying to fugure it out and reading post here..

The PC Im Using will do 1920 x 1200... but how do you do 1080 on the verticle?

Is there some place i should be looking or reading that im missing?

Jason

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I've only messed with powerstrip a little but I think you need a video card that will support it. I was also told 540p would work as 1080i. Have not tried it yet. Everything needs to be 60hz I believe.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think im missing somthing, I dont really understand how to make a resolution besides the standard issue resolutions.

If 540p works how do i do this, the only thing i found was how to se the max resolution for the monitor...this did nothing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
 Check out this link for detailed information on configuring custom timings in powerstrip

Here's a quick way (you need a graphics card that supports custom timings like the radeons or geforces):

1. right-click powerstrip

2. select display profiles

3. select configure

4. click "advanced timing options" button

5. click "custom resolutions"

6. on the list, highlight the "950x540p (HDTV standard)" option

7. click the "add new resolution"

At this point you may need to reboot to see if windows has accepted the new resolution. After reboot, do the same thing again. If all goes well, powerstrip should say "windows has accepted the new resolution. Do you wish to try switching to the resolution now?". Select "OK". At this point, if it doesn't work (ie. the screen flickers or goes blank), hit the escape key. If it has worked, you can save then resolution (and create a shortcut on the desktop) in powerstrip.

Good luck.

Mike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thats my problem them its a dell optiplex and is a intel graphic chipset :(

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ebacherville
Ok thats my problem them its a dell optiplex and is a intel graphic chipset :(
the fanless radeon 9000s are a great buy IMHO

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Work isn't going to spring for a raedon and a new computer that is full hight slots, instead of half high as the optiplex has.

Especialy if its iffy of it actually working.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted... The HD set is not the best anyway, it only takes 480p and 1080i...nothing in between :(

So i'm using 640x480. Its a software that displays active stats for the callcenter here...it works but I wanted to tweak more if possable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to thank gdubois1 for referencing that other post on this forum. THAT WAS AN AMAZINGLY HUGE HELP for me! The only think I'm not 100% on after reading that is if I should get a nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 or an ATI Radeon All-in-wonder. Either way I need to get a PCI card due to the limitations of my HTPC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.