Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try it here...

I was given a Proxima DS2 from my father for a B-day gift. It is a SVGA DLP projector. It looks great with DVD and Directv, but I was wondering if it is possible to watch HDTV on it (scaled of course)? I see RCA DTC-100 has VGA connector on it, will I be able to hook this right up to the projector? Or is there any other way I can view HDTV on it? It was a gift so getting another projector is out of the question for now. Thanks

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Perhaps. Probably.

Many (most all) SVGA projectors will scale HDTV to the native resolution of the 1024x768 DLP panel, which would let you watch HDTV with the Proxima. You won't get as much resolution as you might like, but DLP projection has other virtues (bright, big, colorful), and your stuck with it anyway.

Some DLP projectors will not accept that resolution, as the primary application of the units is for data or graphics display, which HDTV is not.

To verify, check the following: owners manual, Proxima customer service, and the AVS DLP Forum.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
ProjectorCentral's database says "unknown" on this one.

I suggest calling Proxima. They have a good support organization.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.