AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and attempting to do an install myself this weekend. I wanted to see if there was anyone who has done this before and what height (approximately) I would need to mount the antenna (Winegard HD7694P High Definition VHF/UHF Antenna)? I live in a two story home I believe the height of the roof is about 22ft. I was going to mount it about 6 feet higher than that. Would that be enough?

Thank you for any and all advice!

Brian

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Mount the antenna as high as it takes, whether that be 5' or 50'. There's no cut and dry simple height that anyone can possibly know and tell you about.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and attempting to do an install myself this weekend. I wanted to see if there was anyone who has done this before and what height (approximately) I would need to mount the antenna (Winegard HD7694P High Definition VHF/UHF Antenna)? I live in a two story home I believe the height of the roof is about 22ft. I was going to mount it about 6 feet higher than that. Would that be enough?

Thank you for any and all advice!

Brian
Antennas are not an exact science - I recently relocated and lowered my antenna by about 8 feet and the one local I was having trouble with is now perfect and there's no fluttering on the others. Look here: https://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=90 and input your address. Just using your town, you have line of sight and good signal strength on tons of NYC area locals. Point it towards the towers and make adjustments. Make special note of the channels that broadcast on VHF RF (not PSIP) frequencies, like WABC and WPIX, because they can be the most problematic. Also, try the actual NYC OTA thread!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts