AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is a better forum here for this question please let me know...

I have a new home theater and I am using my HDTV as a fourth monitor for things such as NetFlix streaming.

I have two 22" LCDs and a 17" CRT as normal monitors for my QuadCore Vista system.

When I tell the home theater to stop using the HDTV as a monitor and become a normal TV again the other three monitors go black temporarily and then come back in a new order (monitor ID number) than they were before. I then have some programs appearing part on one monitor and part on another. I think that part of the problem may be that I have the 17" CRT set to 1024 x 780 while the other four are set to 1680 x 1050. It is very inconvienient to have to reconfigure my monitors each time I do this.

Have I explained my problem in a way that you know what I'm talking about? Is there a solution? If I replaced the CRT with another 22" LCD would that solve the problem? That's not my preferred solution but I sure wouldn't want to spend the money and not solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
NVIDIA or AMD? Driver version?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
The driver is very old. Have you tried the latest one (CCC 9.7)?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/16972466

The driver is very old. Have you tried the latest one (CCC 9.7)?

No. I will look for it. Thanks. Seems weird. I'm almost certain I used the Windows update driver a number of times and it said I had the latest one.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
ATI releases new drivers every month here . 9.7 means the seventh month of the year 2009.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/16973501

ATI releases new drivers every month here . 9.7 means the seventh month of the year 2009.

O.K. I've updated my driver now but the main difference I see is now it seems impossible to make my HDTV the #4 monitor. It forces itself to #3 and makes the 17" CRT #4. With the old drvier I could make it #4 which didn't help my problem but it is a change.

When I make the HDTV no longer a monitor the some of the programs reset and appear partially on two monitors as if they have a bigger resolution than the screen can handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts