AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC connected to 32" LG LCD TV via VGA cable displays text with shadow to the right of each text. Very visible on the white pages.

Each text has shadow on each sides of the text. This problem makes it difficult for my eyes to read the display, especially when reading email, browse internet.

I could visibly see shadows that were reflections of the text they represented.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo851 /forum/post/15487170

PC connected to 32" LG LCD TV via VGA cable displays text with shadow to the right of each text. Very visible on the white pages.

Each text has shadow on each sides of the text. This problem makes it difficult for my eyes to read the display, especially when reading email, browse internet.

I could visibly see shadows that were reflections of the text they represented.

Yeah that's a phase problem with the signal. Interpreting the analog signal and going back to digital can be really tricky.

Some newer TV's will take their native res over HDMI too, might want to pick up a DVI->HDMI cable to see if that works.

Otherwise check your settings, sometimes they have things you can tweak for VGA in.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
amigo851 -- As sotti said, you have to make sure that your PC's video card is set up correctly as well as the settings on your 32" LCD display. If your 32" LG set is similar to mine (I'm not using a PC with it), then you want to set your video card for a 1366 x 768 resolution output (using the VGA connection). A lot will depend on what video card you are using, also. You might also want to go to the AVS HTPC forum, for suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts