AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now use an 80" RS antenna in my home outside of Philly and I am now receiving CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS in digital and HD when broadcast. (The small amplified antenna from RS went back yesterday.)

I am using a Samsung SIR T-150 which works great, but all stations other then NBC and PBS have black bars on the left and right sides of the pic. I am hooked up to a 16:9 Tosh 56H80, which gives me the ability to control aspect ratios, but when I try to change screen format using the Tosh remote, it does not respond to the commands, such as Full, Zoom, etc. I assume this is because I am using the HD 2 component inputs between the digital box and the TV.

Correct?

The Samsung box is supposed to give more user preferences with respect to filling the screen...I also read a note from Steve P. at Samsung, which he posted yesterday, regarding a software upgrade.

Questions:

1. Since I already have a 16:9 TV, will I benefit from any software upgrade regarding screen formatting, and if not, how will I benefit from this software change?

2. Since I just purchased the Samsung unit from a dealer who sells many units per week, is the software upgrade only for those who purchased the Samsung box early in the release?

3. I did set the aspect ratio control on the Samsung box correctly in it's set-up menu.

However, do all viewers of HD broadcasts who watch on a 16:9 TV see black bars on the left and right, no matter what screen aspect ratios the TV gives you? I have no problem filling the screen on ALL 4:3 material broadcast over Comcast cable using TW 1 mode for the TV.

Perhaps I need to go back into the TV's set-up menu and change TW 1 to another setting, which is not available as a 1 button key on the remote. Correct??

Thanks ! Philip

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.