AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are BEV subs, they will be show boxing tonight in HD on channel 291.It is listed as freevu so everyone should have access to it.And I do believe this continue every Thursday in November.

It's listed for 3 hours tonight starting at 8 pm.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Even though this is free, it requires that you go through the motions and "purchase" the program on this PPV channel. Since I am in the USA and can not do pay per views, is it OK to purchase? I would like to see the show but do not want to risk the receiver shutting down in the future because it can't phone in with the free purchase information.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If you try and purchase, it requires that the receiver be hooked to a phone line. Mine isn't, so no show.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
What it was Vic, was a tape delayed showing of a card up in Ontario last month. Just club fighters basically..but anyway whoever sponsored it, Evu or whomever just happened to use HD cams. Canadian producers, Canadian announcers, etc. Looked sweet. Minimal glitches in what I saw though I didnt watch the whole thing.

But in a way it aggrevated me too, because it reminded me of how mad I get that HBO doesnt do any boxing in HD yet. For Petes sake, you can do it with about 3 cameras.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
When that box comes up when wanting to order a PPV about checking the phoneline, I believe it's only a dial tone test and it isnt actually trying to make any outgoing call at that particular moment. I just plugged it in for a sec and just for fun had a cordless phone at my ear to try and make sure it wasnt actually "dialing". I heard one click, unplugged it, and then the test was done and there was no evidence that it dialed.

I dont think I'll make a habit of that unless it's some super duper offering, just in case though. I just wanted to see some of the boxing action is all. And so far the box is still working! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.