Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am relatively new to all of this HDTV technology. I just bought a Son KDFE42A10 rear projection LCD and I need help on something. I have cable through Comcast and I am going to get a HDTV box they are providing on Monday. My question is what kind of cable do I heed to get to connect from this box to my TV? Is it HDI to HDMI or HDMI to HDI??? I am confused on this stuff. I just know the Monster brands at the retail stores are really overpriced and I don't even know which one to get in the first place. Can anyone help me and recommend a specific cable at a decent price that I can get online that will work for me?????

Thanks for any help!! This forum is really great I have learned quite a bit so far!!

Travis

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Your TV has HDMI and Component for HDTV. You can use a DVI to HDMI or component cables. Comcast usually gives you component cables with the HD boxes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_M
Your TV has HDMI and Component for HDTV. You can use a DVI to HDMI or component cables. Comcast usually gives you component cables with the HD boxes.
Are the DVI to HDMI cables directional? I'm not getting a picture from a cable meant for an HDMI box to a DVI cable when I tried using it backwards, ie. from a DVI box to an HDMI TV. Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spin03
need to post to get to 5 posts so i can post urls.
Are you serious? Is that a rule here? Here's #5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.