AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well comcast here in sunny Sarasota finally rolled out their hd cable boxes. it is the scientific 3100hd. Im new to the hd scene because i never dropped the money for the ota tuner or a dss system. my question is my tv appears out of calibration for the 1080i res. What is the best way to check this? i have a panasonic pt51hx41 and i know how to get into the service menu etc. i here people say that when using the component output and being on sd channels that they appear windowed boxed. well on my set the sd content is bordered on the sides but stretched to the top. so it appears that my vertical size is mis-adjusted. if this is the case how do i know when its right except by trial and error. i did reduce it because i felt that it was stretched. but then on another channel the show was wide screen and i could see a difference in the blacks for the wide screen and the black from what i thought was my picture being shrunk to much. its possible that my contrast is off also so that might not have been a problem. any help would be appreciated and if your confused after reading this don't worry so was i.

thanks

mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
You'll want to have someone come out to properly calibrate your 1080i input. Getting into the service menu isn't much good unless you have a 1080i test pattern source and a color analyzer. You can find info on calibrators in your area from this forum or www.imagingscience.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.