AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DTC-100, RCAMM36100 combo. I now live in Austin, but I experienced the same problem in Houston.

When watching OTA HDTV, color seems to 'drift'. It looks like it changes color temperature--sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly.

Is this common? Is it my TV? My Receiver? Poor encoding by the local affiliate?

I think I've also seen something similar happen on one or two DVDs, but I'm not too sure.

------------------

What?! Me worry?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I own a RCA MM3610 and the DTC100 and have never experienced the problem you discribed. You also mentioned that the problem occured while watching a couple of DVD's.

I don't know what your problem is exactly, but I can assure you that this is not the result of HD programs. If it were, you would have seen numerous complaints about such a problem in this forum.

I would suggest you have the TV looked at first to see if that is the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too have the MM36100 and have the same color drift you speak of. I have a Dish 6000 for HDTV programing. I called RCA and they said they never heard of this problem. Looks like we need to get together (anyone else with this problem?) and maybe they will address it. I do not have OTA yet, so that has nothing to do with it. But I did notice it is in HDTV mode only, not in SD mode.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had your TV occasionally make a sudden high pitch whine/screech?

Mine does it maybe once a month. It screeches, then stops. The picture goes dark and then fades back in again.

------------------

What?! Me worry?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My MM36100 does not make a skreetch, but for about the first 2 months the picture would go out once in a while and then come back on in a second or two. But it has not done that in months now. I have heard others say that the skreetch problem has gone away for them too. But I do have the color drift. Only in HD mode (HD VGA input). I use my RCA as a monitor too, and it seems I remember the color drift being on the PC mode too for awhile, but not anymore, just the HD mode now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I think about it, the DVD's that drifted were being played at 800x600. I've since moved to 640x480 and the drifting has stopped.

Grrr. RCA needs a pummel up side the head.

------------------

What?! Me worry?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.