AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just happened to flip past Bravo tonight and they had Cirque du Soleil's Alegria showing. These folks are definitely on my "gotta see 'em" list. So I'm watching it and all I can think is, "why the heck do they have those dam* black bars on the top and bottom and why don't they want me to see the whole thing?". I know that I just got someone with that :D Anyway, I noticed that it was shot in what appears to be 16:9 and, of course, that made me think of my favorite topic HDTV. I wonder if they used high resolution cameras (no not that HR, the real stuff). Now wouldn't that be grand on our big screens? Yum!

I just found this oldie about their appearance on Leno: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=128933

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You know the last time I posted that NBC bought Bravo, someone said, "What does that have to do with HDTV?" and it got moved to some DBS forum. Now that it is owned by a broadcaster instead of some investment banker, (Cablevision was never a broadcaster), maybe you may see some improvements.....

You might say the same for Telemondo....

GT

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
About a year ago Bravo actually passed on an Anamorphic presentation of this show.

·
Registered
307 Posts
oh hell yea..these guys put on a great show (seen Mystere, O, Quidam) and would love to see all their new stuff put out on HD

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sent them a note. I'll post the response if I get one.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I've seen 4 circue shows and the 3D imax. the 3D imax was a big letdown compared to the mindblowing Live shows. And I'm a IMAX 3D addict:)

Mark Cuban, Call Circue and lets get some shows produced. That would be about as good as HDTV can get.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
I've seen 4 circue shows and the 3D imax. the 3D imax was a big letdown compared to the mindblowing Live shows. And I'm a IMAX 3D addict:)

Mark Cuban, Call Circue and lets get some shows produced. That would be about as good as HDTV can get.
Better yet, ask Mark to get them to tape some of their shows on DVHS so we can all enjoy them whenever we want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.