AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't know what to do. I have a Hipix hdtv card on order but they never know when they will come in. It keeps getting back-ordered. In the meantime I have about 25 days left on my NEC VT540 projector warrantee which allows me to probably turn my current projector in and have either the dead blue pixel I have repaired or the projector might just be replaced. The problem is that I want to see how OTA HDTV looks now so I can decide whether or not I want to keep this projector or possibly send it back for another one. If for some reason HDTV has issues with my projector then its no-brainer...back it goes. However, if I like everything as-is with HDTV then I might just keep this unit. I attempted to go buy an RCA DTC-100 from Best Buy but all these places force you to sign up for their DSS contract which I don't need right now. I just want to try OTA first.

I sure wish I knew someone in New Orleans that I could just borrow one from for an evening but unfortunately I do not. Ultimately, I wish there was a quick way I could find an HDTV receiver for OTA testing and not be stuck into some programming deal. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
try BestBuy.com and use store locator/inventory check in your area - many stock the SIR-T150 which is OTA only and has component outputs along with several others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.