Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a bit concerned. I just set up my direct tv HDTV and i am not getting HD showtime, HBO ok, HDNet ok just no showtime. What am i doing wrong?

What channel is HD Showtime is it 543 because i am not getting that channel. PLEASE HELP.

Thank You:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
You must currently have the Showtime package to get Showtime HD. If you do have the package, call DirecTV and they will punch a few buttons and turn on Ch. 543 for you. Before you do all this, make sure you have the Sat. C LNB and your receiver is set to 3-LNB satellite.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ditto, you must have sat C.

I know it's probably annoying not to be getting SHO-HD, but truthfully you're not missing much. I can't remember the last time I watched anything on SHO-HD.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jaye fayed
Must have an oval satellite dish, not round. 543 will not come in unless you have a third input Satellite C.
He stated he's getting HBO (Sat A) and HDNet (Sat B), so I'm guessing he's got the oval dish.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the replies. Let me claer a few things.

Yes i do have the oval dish yes i am getting HD HBO and HDNet.

No i am not getting Showtime HD but i am getting all the other showtime channels. Ok maybe i did not set it up right. is there another connectin that i should be making from the satilite to the reciever to get showtime?

Please let me know.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Just because you have the oval dish doesn't mean you have the SAT. C LNB.

You haven't mentioned if you have the SAT. C LNB installed. SHO HD is on "Sat. C" while the remaining SHO channels are not.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The Sat C kit (in case you weren't sure) is a 3rd LNB on the dish, right between the other two. Needed to get SHO-HD. I picked up an "Aspen" brand one for $35. Terk one runs about $80-$90. Personally after I installed it, i was wondering if I could have used any of the spare LNB's I have laying around, and jsut get the proper combiner, which looks like it couldn't cost more than a couple bucks. But for $35, I wasn't gonna waste my time experimenting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you need a sat c kit, call directv, they were sending them for $8. You can't use just any lnb, it must frequency match the transponder.

Terry

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all,

I do not have SAT-C. I do have SAT-A and B and 4 LNB connection should I connect the receiver to LNB 3 or will that not work

Thank You

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
DVDMan...the only thing that will work is a Directv Sat. C LNB. Without this, you can not receive the Sat. at 110 degrees (the one which sends out ShowtimeHD on 543).

·
Registered
532 Posts
The receiver works in conjunction with the Sat-C kit. In summary:

It sounds like the setup that you have is the oval dish with 2 LNBs (Sat-A and Sat-B) and a multiswitch which has 4 inputs (2 cables from each of the two LNBs). There are also 4 outputs on the multiswitch to support up to 4 receivers (one to each). This was the standard configuration for HDTV until SHO-HD was placed in service from Sat-C (located on their satellite at 110 degrees W).

The Sat-C kit can be installed by an installer or you can do it yourself - and it comes with the cables, combiner, sat-C LNB (different from the A and B), and instructions for installation. There are no changes to the wires between the multiswitch and your receiver(s). All that is needed is to fish the new cable from the new LNB to the combiner through the arm (rotate, twist, etc. while pulling). All the wiring changes are really easy and done at the dish. The HD receiver needs to have its setup menu options altered so that it 'sees' the new dish configuration - and that is it. No repointing/realignment of the dish is necessary (be careful not to disturb its current aim). DirecTV can offer you this sat-C kit for $8 (shipping) for do-it-yourself installation or more if you'd like them to install it for you. It may come with a commitment to subscribe to SHO, but not sure if they hold your feet to the fire for that.

Just a note - I've heard that the screw used to mount the sat-C LNB to the arm is too short - you may need to make a trip to the hardware store for a longer one. It's easier to do than this sounded!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mgibsoj
DirecTV can offer you this sat-C kit for $8 (shipping) for do-it-yourself installation or more if you'd like them to install it for you. It may come with a commitment to subscribe to SHO, but not sure if they hold your feet to the fire for that.
They will, at least they did to me. The rules of engagement are that you needed to commit to a one-year Total Choice package with Showtime. When I told the lady I didn't want Blowtime, but would commit to another year for Total Choice, she went to talk to a manager and came back and said they wouldn't do it. I explained to her that I wanted the LNB to get ready for upcoming Sat C HDTV programming, and that I wasn't interested in Blowtime. She said that she didn't think that any of the new HDTV offerings would be on Sat C. I politely corrected her.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Pedaso
The Sat C kit (in case you weren't sure) is a 3rd LNB on the dish, right between the other two. Needed to get SHO-HD. I picked up an "Aspen" brand one for $35. Terk one runs about $80-$90. Personally after I installed it, i was wondering if I could have used any of the spare LNB's I have laying around, and jsut get the proper combiner, which looks like it couldn't cost more than a couple bucks. But for $35, I wasn't gonna waste my time experimenting.
As others have pointed out, the Sat C kit is unique. You can not use other LNB's or combiner/splitters.

Both the Sat C LNB & combiner are labeled specifically as Sat C.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.