AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to move to a new home where the contractor pre-wired and installed a dual-LNB elliptical sat dish for HDTV reception. I plan on using the Toshiba DirectTV unit, and am hoping to get the various HD programs (HBO, Showtime, HDNet, Discovery). Terrible location for OTA reception, so this will be it for now. Any feedback on my setup? What's the deal with the three-LNB dishes, is that what I really need (if so I'm screwed I guess)? Am I overlooking anything?

Also, from other posts, I think I should be getting the HD channels for free along with the regular packages (HDNet and Discovery in the basic package, HBO and/or Showtime if I get those packages). Is this correct?

I'm a semi-dangerous not-quite-newbi on this stuff, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you built this home, then you should be familiar with what is called a Change Order. I would suggest you submit a Change Order to your contractor to have them install the Sat C kit on your dual LNB dish. This will give you the triple LNB you need to receive SHO-HD and whatever else DirecTV puts on the 110 satellite. Good luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You will need the Sat C kit for Showtime HD. It is a fairly simple install, which you can pretty much handle. You are correct that HDNet is with the basic install, and HBO and Showtime require the package to be purchased. As for discovery, there is some speculation the Directv will be adding their HD feed, but this has not been announced by Directv.

--------------Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.