AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a regular dual lnb directv dish driving 2 dss receivers and am thinking of changing it to a eliptical dish for HDTV.

If I change the living room TV to HDTV and keep the bedroom tv on regular dss, how many coax cables do I need running into the apartment ? 3 ?

Can I just keep the 2 and use the 4x4 multiswitch inside instead of outside ?

How does the multiswitch actually work with the 101 and 119 lnb's ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
After you install (or get installed) the eliptical dish you can just utilize the single runs you have to go to your HD and regular DSS. The 4 input multiswitch will have 4 cables (two from each Dual LNB) runing to it. Each cable to your DSS units (HD and DTV+) can then select between any of the four inputs on the switch (those on the 101 Satelite or on the 119 satelite) based on the channel selected.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Is there a way to hook a non-DTV+ reciever to a multi-switch?
Assuming you mean a "DTV non + receiver", as opposed to a "non-DTV+ receiver" it will work.;)

I have a non + receiver connected to a 4x4 multi-switch and it works. The main difference as far as the multi-switch is concerned, is that the non-plus receivers don't have the 22.5 kHz tone for switching between LNB's. So a non-plus receiver will only receive channels from the satellite at 101 deg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.