AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Panasonic HDTV - PT56WXF95 - jumps from "FULL" to "JUST" to "JUST", etc. Always has. It's a year old next week. Do you suppose they will quit coming out?

My Panasonic TU-HDS20 just crapped out totally. Can't turn it on, can't turn it off - it has a mind of it's own. Power, message, and all mode lights come on, then power and native lights, then dark - then it starts all over again. Replacement on it's way. Before it croaked, the picture exceeded the screen size.

My HiPix works about as well as anyones. I'm afraid to upgrade it because of my dead HDS-20. Can't connect digital sound to my receiver since there is no digital optical connector.

I think I know why sales aren't taking off. Very few of my friends have the time, money, or energy to deal with this BS. Even after they see WOW TV, they wait.

I feel better now. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Banned
215 Posts
No. Not with 8-VSB.

We are stuck with an HDTV system that is doomed to die because the financial powers want it that way.

If you want an HDTV pic, just buy a Samsung Tantus and view ANY TV program in full-glory 720p. NTSC rules today and tomorrow in the US, thanks to 8-VSB.

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 03-20-2001).]

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Ignore Bob, he has major emotional issues with 8-VSB. I think he was molested by a broadcast standard when he was young or something... And of course this mentions nothing of the fact that none of the problems mentioned has anything whatsoever to do with it.

------------------

Dean Roddey

The CIDLib C++ Frameworks

[email protected]
www.charmedquark.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.