·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an interesting email conversation with one of the journalists

of the "trash HDTV" thread. He does not believe that ABC has prime

time HDTV !

Why should he. His local station is not digital, and they are saying that only

special events are in HDTV, so it dosen't matter.

I wonder how many stations who are not digital have no idea they can

get HDTV feeds from their network ?

I am trying to convince this guy that ABC does have HDTV. Its hard when

ABCs own web site makes no mention of the HDTV status of their shows.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Does ABC broadcast a "Shown in HDTV Where Available" message at the start of NYPD Blue and other HD shows? (My local affiliate isn't broadcasting yet and I haven't watched these shows in years, so I don't know if they do or not). If they do, just tell the yokel to tune in and see the message for himself.....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I know that Drew Carey broadcasts a "Shown ins HDTV" message at the beginning of the show, even on the analog channel. Have the guy turn it on tonite and believe.

-phil

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David F
Does ABC broadcast a "Shown in HDTV Where Available" message at the start of NYPD Blue and other HD shows?
They do. There's four ABC shows that I now have to watch in NTSC because of 9/11 (Alias, The Practice, NYPD Blue, and Philly) and the HDTV banner is on all of them on the NTSC feed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PhilB
I know that Drew Carey broadcasts a "Shown ins HDTV" message at the beginning of the show, even on the analog channel. Have the guy turn it on tonite and believe.

-phil
Are you sure that is not added by the local station ? (or a cynic might say,

"subtracted by the local station").

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Karnis
Vic, what's even funnier is that the only reason I started even watching Alias is because it's in HD before The Practice.
You got that right. And I'd say the same thing about a few CBS shows too. I never gave them the time of day before they were in HD. Once they started being in HD I gave them a chance and found I actually like them. Maybe next season I'll be able to say the same about NBC too. :)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DP1

You got that right. And I'd say the same thing about a few CBS shows too. I never gave them the time of day before they were in HD. Once they started being in HD I gave them a chance and found I actually like them. Maybe next season I'll be able to say the same about NBC too. :)
Bingo. CBS can thank the HD Gods for making me a loyal watcher of "King of Queens," "Yes Dear," "Everybody Loves Raymond," "CSI" and "Jag." Never considered tuning in those shows before my HDTV.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by S. A. Moore
I am having an interesting email conversation with one of the journalists

of the "trash HDTV" thread. He does not believe that ABC has prime

time HDTV !

S.A. ,

Which of the nitwit reporters are you refering to? You aren't refering the the SF Chronicle guy are you?

Mike

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeKO

S.A. ,

Which of the nitwit reporters are you refering to? You aren't refering the the SF Chronicle guy are you?

Mike
The names have been changed to protect the nitwits :)

Hey, at least he is talking to me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.