AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a nice problem to have, but I'm trying to find the most practical solution. The basement of our home has two entertainment areas closely approximated with the electronics rack mounted in between. One area is for casual movie watching with a 32" HDTV monitor with its own surround sound system while the other area is a front projection system with a JVC G-15 D-ILA and its own surround system. The HDTV receiver is capable of outputing RGBHV and YPbPr but not continuously or at the same time. It is necessary to plug in one or the other and slide the switch from component to RGB which is awkward. It is too much trouble to switch from one to the other to go from serious movie watching to casual TV watching. I don't want to use the D-ILA just to watch TV in HDTV especially since the bulb usage is going to be .75 per hour or more. Is there a receiver Directv HDTV that would feed both areas or would it be necessary to have two receivers in the same locatiion or is there a switcher that could be used?

Larry

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The RCA DTC100 has RGB output via a VGA connector. You could use a high quality (i.e. Extron) VGA distibution amplifier to drive 2 (or more) RGB compatible HDTVs at the same time. IMO this would be better than a switch. Good luck.

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.