AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here from Fayetteville, NC (or nearby) recieving HDTV from an OTA antenna?

Just moved here and I'm looking to upgrade my REALLY old TV...just curious what the options are for local broadcasts.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Fayetteville is considered part of the Raleigh-Durham DMA, so look for information in those threads as well.

You should be able to pickup WRAL (CBS)(probably the nations's leading HDTV station - they even do the local news in HDTV!), WTVD (ABC), WNCN (NBC), and WRAZ (FOX - also owned by Capital Broadcasting, but we all know about FOX - however,they will be showing some locally produced Hurricanes Hockey games in HD). WRDC (UPN) and WLFL (WB) just came on the air Nov 1, but both of these are Sinclair and it has been noted that they are noticeably lower power than the first 4. WUNC (PBS) is still building all their network.

Antenna locations - everything but WUNC is in the area of Auburn NC - just east of Clayton. WUNC is putting all the DTV channels at the same sites as their analog stations.

For right now (until the analog shutoff), all RDU DTV is on UHF. However, once that shutoff occurs, You'll need both VHF and UHF (5 of the 7 are in the 52-59 range right now).

Since you're down in Fayetteville, there are a couple of other stations you might get - WKFT (analog 40 DTV 38) and a PAX station (analog 62, I don't know the DTV).

You may also be able to pickup the Greenville NC area stations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.