AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to reach this URL for two days. Anyone else having problems? It seems to be the only source that identifies true HDTV programing for the HBO HD channel 24 hrs. per day. Does anyone have another source for that information?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Same problems here.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote:
It seems to be the only source that identifies true HDTV programing for the HBO HD channel 24 hrs. per day. Does anyone have another source for that information?
Try this HDTV Schedule! Be sure to click on the date in the upper-left corner of the schedule table (not on the calendar) to expand to the full 24 hours (the default is primetime). The scheudle gives the program/movie description (and whether or not the sound is DD5.1 for HBO) if you hover your mouse over the program title.

As has been posted before, the HDTV schedule at AtlantaDTV.org is part of a strategy to promote digital TV and HDTV.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I didn't realize that the Atlanta schedule could be expanded to 24 hours. That's great!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Hey Jason - That's pretty slick. Not sure how I missed previous discussions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I too can't reach galaxy. I used it 2 or 3 times a week, and miss it.

The Atlanta site is also good. Too bad they can't put the top line of columns ID on the upper portion so when you scroll down you know what column you are looking at (in 24 hr mode).

·
Registered
122 Posts
HDTVGALAXY.COM is registered to a hau nguyen from a residential address in West Sacremento with a contact email on Hotmail. The URL resoves to 216.97.19.47 which is coming up with a DNS error.

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that this site was operated by someone as a "hobby". Since the IP address is effectively dead this means that either

a) He's gone belly up

or b) The DNS server of his IP Address (Cavendo.com) has failed

or c) His Hosting service (once again it looks like Cavendo.com) has had a failure.

I hope it's b) or c)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yaaaa! I just went to HD Galaxy and they are back up.

But after using the Atlanta HD org. chart, I think I like it better.

Good work Atlanta.

Jerry

·
Registered
292 Posts
I still can't get HDTV Galaxy to work (they seem to go out relatively often--2 or 3 days every few weeks). But this www.atlantadtv.org is better in several ways--the highlight, for example, and presumably further advance schedule. It won't print right for me. But still, keep up the good work, Atlantadtv.org.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Its out still/again for me. I like ATL guide but i love how easy galaxy is to print a weeks worth of hd so i don't have to log on to the internet to see whats on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.